Etsy.com is a great website to buy so many great items. I love shopping on Etsy especially for Holiday or Christmas gifts. Their website is composed of individually owned online shops that sell handmade goods, supplies and vintage items.
I have been selling on Etsy for just about 5 years (My shop opened on 11/20/10!) and I have been shopping on the website for even longer.
Here is some important tips to shopping on Etsy:
- Check the shop’s reviews. If a shop you are interested in has less than a 5 star rating, read their reviews to find out why.
- Read the shops POLICIES, TURNAROUND TIME, and the listings ITEM DETAILS before purchasing! Many people do not read these and don’t realize exactly what they are purchasing (measurements, etc.) or how long it will take to get. Remember that these are handmade items and might take some time to create. Each shop has their own Return Policy as well.
- Read the sellers “About” page. This will give you an idea of how their products are created and who they are.
- Check where the items are shipping from and the shipping prices. Etsy has sellers from all over the world so shipping costs and times may be higher and longer than you expect.
- If you have any questions about a product, you can send the seller a private convo through Etsy.
I added a board to my Pinterest of some of my favorite shops. I have purchased at least one item from each shop that I was very happy with.* Check them out and all the shops on www.Etsy.com!
Follow Simply Printable’s board My Favorite Etsy Shops on Pinterest.
* These are my own personal opinions and I did not receive any compensation.